Kanimbla Heights Estate Cairns
Detailed design, project and construction phases for more than 10 stages of this 715-allotment development in Far North Queensland. With large, steep external stormwater catchments, challenging terrain, cane railway and trunk infrastructure throughout the site, the team have an understanding of the challenging site constraints. Our focus was on providing positive outcomes for the local community. Works included road works, bulk earthworks, sewer, water and stormwater services, as well as large underground stormwater drainage culverts and associated large drains.
Redlynch Central Estate Cairns
Detailed design, project and construction management of multiple stages. Our involvement has included the local shopping centre precinct civil infrastructure, in addition to the civil design and project and construction management of the commercial site which hosts fast food leases and a fuel outlet, as well as local sporting facilities (including futsal courts designed and built to an international standard). The works have involved various intersection upgrades, with the addition of dedicated turning facilities and works for staged upgrades. The shopping centre works required an upgrade to improve the bus stop and associated facilities for the Redlynch Central Shopping Centre.
Boat Ramp and Pontoon, Burketown QLD
Management of this project from inception to completion included supporting Burke Shire Council to obtain funding, completion of concept design and community consultation, detail design and contract administration. The project has provided a very popular community asset, which supports the local tourism industry and associated businesses. The project was completed in conjunction with the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) and was designed to provide an increased load capacity over the standard TMR design, to allow heavy vehicle use of the facility.
Coolum Beach Outlet, Coolum QLD
This project provided a resilient stormwater outlet upgrade to eliminate the need for constant maintenance and repairs of the existing outlet structure and to remove existing rock protection from the beach area. The design was selected following the presentation of options for Council consideration and was chosen on the basis that it provided a robust and practical solution.
Bynoe and Little Bynoe Causeway, Normanton QLD
ERSCON Consulting Engineers was engaged to deliver the concept design to QldRA/NDRRA and secure funding for the project on behalf of Carpentaria Shire Council to improve the resilience of a key road asset and to reduce the impact of road closures. Following successfully securing funding for Council, we prepared detailed design drawings and documentation, tender and construction documentation and successfully delivered the construction of the causeways on a very tight construction program. As part of the design, consultation with the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries and Forestry was required to develop improved/upgraded fish passages structures, in an environmentally sensitive area to protect endangered species.
Glasshouse Mountains District Park, Glasshouse Mountains QLD
This project involved the coordination of services location, geotechnical investigations and the detailed design of the car park, drainage and associated infrastructure for a new community park constructed adjacent to Page Street, Glasshouse Mountains. The Glasshouse Mountains District Park was officially opened in March 2018 by Local Government Minister Hon Stirling Hinchliffe and Sunshine Coast Mayor Mark Jamieson and provides a valuable community asset for outdoor events and play equipment.
Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements
ERSCON Consulting Engineers have provided project management services to Carpentaria Shire Council and Aurukun Shire Council, for the extensive restoration programs following damage to essential public assets as a result of several declared disaster events and associated flooding in the region.
– Provision of on-site damage assessments
– Preparation of submission documentation (including Form 1, Form 4, Form 5 & Form 6 and supporting documentation)
– Negotiation of approved scope and management of approvals timing to suit construction program
– Preparation of works packages and plans for including scope drawings, detailed works descriptions and QA procedures.
– On-site construction and project management services and support
– Progress claim submissions and liaison with QldRA project control branch
– Preparation and submission for Form 13 Extension of Time requests as necessary
– Submission and auditing of project/event close out and management through to final claim payment.
Creekside Boulevard, Currimundi QLD
This project involved roadworks, minor earthworks and assessment of stormwater drainage. ERSCON’s engagement was to take a concept design and develop this through the preliminary and detailed design phases. The roundabout is a four leg roundabout, all of which are single lanes. An existing central median exists along Creekside Boulevard. The improvements were to develop a dual lane carriageway on the approach and departure legs of Creekside Boulevard, through adjustment to the roundabout central island, as well as central medians and roadside kerb & channel.
The project also involved improving pedestrian safety through improved locations for pedestrian movements, as well as taking into account existing bus stop locations. Stormwater was also analysed to undertake improvements to the capture of overland stormwater into the existing undergorund network.
Other Projects Include:
- Aurukun Access Road, NDRRA/QldRA restoration, Aurukun Qld
- Warrenvale Aerodrome, pavement upgrades, Normanton Qld
- Aurukun Access Road, CIMA pavement and seal upgrades, Aurukun Qld
- Landsborough Dog off-leash area, car park civil design, Landsborough Qld
- Creekside Boulevard, transportation roundabout, Currimundi Qld
- Aurukun Access Road, TIDS, pavement and culvert upgrades, Aurukun Qld
- Normanton Boat Ramp and Pontoon, Design and construction management, Normanton Qld
- Karumba Seawall, construction management, Karumba Qld
- Jorl Court, drainage design upgrade, Buderim Qld
- Normanton Aerodrome, pavement upgrades, Normanton Qld
- Sludge drying beds, preliminary design and specification, Dysart and Middlemount Qld
- Gong Reservoir Dam Wall, subsurface investigation, Ballarat Vic
- Flinders River Crossing, major causeway upgrade, Normanton Qld
- Little Bynoe River Crossing, major causeway upgrade, Normanton Qld
- Gilbert Street Boat ramp, design & consultations, Karumba Qld
- Paga Hill Developments, Roads, earthworks and service deign, Port Moresby Papua New Guinea
- Traffic Management – Traffic impact study, Kanimbla QLD